When person feels stress automatically they get headache. Because of stress some hormones are going to release in our body, so automatically the person get headache because of hormonal imbalance. Irrespective of age, gender, race, every one get headache in their life. The main cause of headache is irregular function of pain sensitive structure in the brain,. The term headache is having broad meaning. headache can occur any wear in the head. Some should develop in temporal region, Some develops in occipital region . Some headache occur both side of head, some occurs in only one side of head, it’s depending up on physiology of disease. Some headaches may occur because of disease condition, some may occur because of stress. Some occur because of chemical activity in brain structure and pain sensitivity structures in the head is not function properly. There are different types of headache are there those are tension headache, migraine headache, cluster headache. Some of them are subside by taking medication, some are subside by taking rest with out any medications.
Difference between Common Headache and Migraine headache and cluster Headache :
Normal Headache :
If you feel pain in your head it is difficult to identify whether it is migraine or common headache or cluster headache. Here we presenting Difference between migraine & Common headache & Cluster headache. The main sites (or) regions of headache are Temporal, Fore head and Back of the neck.
Also Read About :
Symptoms of normal Headache :
Normal headache have mild to moderate pain it last from 30 minutes to one week depending up on condition.
- Mild to moderate pain in Both side of the head
- Pain in the temples
Treatment of normal head ache :
If you can able to treat stress induced headache by using simple medications as follows
- Take rest
- Using analgesics
Migraine headache :
Migraine headache usually having throbbing sensation in one side of head. Actually it’s very painful. The person who suffering from migraine headache they can not able to complete their daily tasks successfully.
Signs and Symptoms of Migraine Headache :
- Pain in the back side of the ear and eye
- Pain in the temples
- sensitivity to sound and light
Common causes of Migraine :
- Hormonal imbalance Especially in women o estrogen fluctuation during pregnancy and menopause trigger to migraine Head ache
- Drinks like wine and extreme consumption of alcohol and caffeinated beverages
- Foods such as salty foods,aged cheese, processed food etc,..
- Medications vaso dilators like nitroglycerin and oral contraceptives can trigger the migraine head ache.
Fortunately we can able to treat migraine by using following medications.
- Triptan such as Rizatriptan, Almotriptan
- Anti-Nausea medications like chlorpromazine, promethazine,
- NSAID’S (Non steroidal Anti inflammatory Drugs ) such as Acetaminophene, Naproxen sodium, Aspirin (or) Ibuprofen
Don’t use this medications with out doctors prescription.
Preventive tips :
- Avoid Caffeinated beverages like alcohol and wine
- Avoid salty foods
- Avoid processed foods
- Avoid aged cheese
- Do muscle relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation. It will relax your muscles and relieve from migraine.
Cluster Headache :
This occur rarely the incidence of this type of disease is 1 in 1000 people. In this the person get headache three times a day the pain may be periodical. And the duration of pain is 15 min-3 hours. Intensity of pain is very severe. It last from 1 week to 3 months. This type of headache occur in patient every year same time means if it occur in winter means for he next year also it occur in winter only. if it occur in spring means it will occur in spring season only.
symptoms of cluster headache :
- Pain in one side
- Pain behind the ear
- pain behind eye
- The eye is swollen in the affected side
Use this medications by physician prescription only.
These are the different types of headache. I hope this information will help you to identify difference between common, migraine and cluster type of headaches. If you like this means share this information to your friends. Thank you for reading this article.