Reliance Jio is currently the fastest growing telecom company in the world with more than 50 million subscribers. Jio offered free data, calls and sms messages to any network for first three months of it’s release. Recently they extended this with Happy New year Offer til 31 march 2017 to attract new customers and impress old customers with fastest 4G services. Many people already joined in the jio community and other people are searching for portability. If you are looking for how to port to reliance jio without losing your number then simply follow this guide for reliance jio mnp.
Jio started it’s portability services from 5th september 2016, which is few days after it’s launching date. So any one from current users of Airtel, Idea, Vodafone, BSNL or any network can port to jio network without any problems easily.
Download popular Apps -> Allcast for pc, Mobogenie for pc
Reliance Jio sims are now widely available and over two lack stores across india sell jio sims to its customers. All local sim vendors also sell jio sims same like other networks. Using new number for jio makes you difficult for your business or work, as you need to tell every one that you have changed the number. But if you change to jio using portability you can still use jio network with your old number and you may not have many problems.
Here we present you simple step by step guide on how to port to reliance jio network in simple steps.
How To Port To Reliance Jio From Other Network Without Losing Number :
You can change to jio network from any other newtorks like airtel, idea, vodafore or bsnl etc and the process is same for all networks. Simply follow the below process to change to jio sim.
- Send an SMS as “PORT Mobile Number” to 1900( PORT <Mobile Number> to 1900).
- Make sure you are sending the sms from which you want to port to reliance jio network. Charges may be applicable depending on sms tariff plans.
- After that you will receive an sms with Unique Port Code (UPO) valid for 15 days. This is the key code to switch from your current service provider to reliance jio.
- Locate reliance Digital store near you and visit the store, take customer application form and fill all the details.
- Provide all the documents required to submit like ID proof, residential proof, aadhar or passport etc along with photographs.
- Now you will get new sim card, as per telecom regulations you number will be remain with your current service provider for next five days, on sixth day you number is updated to jio network.
Also Read -> How to set up Bhim App
The reliance jio sim could take upto one week to activate, and you will be charged some fee. During porting time your number may be inactive for two hours, when you find no service in your current service operator, remove the sim and insert new reliance jio sim.
That’s all guys, I hope we provided step by step guide on how to port to reliace jio network without losing number. If you have any problems or doubts regarding this guide feel free to contact us. Thank you.