BHIM (bharat interface for money) is an indian government intiative to enable fast, reliable and secure cashless payments online through your mobile phone. After demonetization prime minister of india Mr Narendra Modi takes another intiative to make india cashless payments by launching BHIM App on 30th december 2016. In today’s article we guide you how to set up bhim app and also how to send and receive money using bhim app.
BHIM App was named after the great DR B R Ambedkar and is available for indians only. It was developed by the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI). Bhim app is interconnected with Unified payment interface and bank accounts. Bhim is an aadhar based app and by using UPI you can link your mobile device and start sending and receiving money in easy clicks. You can also see some of the main features of Bhim app.
Features of BHIM App :
- Send or receive money from friends, family and customers through a mobile number or payment address.
- You can check your bank balance and transactions details with single click.
- You can also create a custom payment address in addition to your phone number.
- scan a QR code for faster entry of payment addresses. Merchants can easily print their QR Code for display.
- Maximum of Rs. 10,000 per transaction and Rs. 20,000 within 24 hours.
- BHIM App is available in both hindi and english languages.
Also read -> how to download hotstar videos
Now let’s head on to next thing on how to set up bhim app on android. Simply follow the below steps carefully and then you can use bhim app to send and receive money through online.
How To Set Up BHIM App on Android Mobile Phone :
To set up bhim app on your mobile phone first you need to install bhim app. You can download bhim apk and install it on your mobile phone or simply install from play store. Click on the below link to install from Play Store.
Install BHIM App
Once you installed bhim app simply follow the below steps to set up bhim app on your mobile.
- First open bhim app on your mobile and select the language you want to use english or hindi.
- Then click on let’s get started option.
- It will ask you to enter your mobile number & permissions to send an sms to UPI. To verify your number you may be charged RS 1 -2 depending on your operator.
- When verification completed you will be asked to register your passcode to add security to your account.
- Enter 4 digit number as passcode and confirm again by typing the same. Remember it and don’t share it with anybody, as it is the main secret code to log into bhim app.
- Now you can see a list of all supported banks, select your bank and it will automatically gets the account number and IFSC code of you bank details by using your mobile number. Just click on account no and you are done.
- Depending on your selected bank account you may be asked to verify your debit or credit card details etc. Fill all the details and save settings.
- Set up a UPI address for your account using mobile number. For example if you mobile number is 1234567890 then your UPI address will be 1234567890@upi.
- Now you are ready to send or receive money using UPI payment interface.
Download popular apps -> Vidmate, Tubemate and Zapya
Steps To Send or Receive Money Through BHIM App :
Once you set up bhim app on your mobile, now it’s more easy to send or receive money online through UPI interface. Follow the below steps.
- Simply open BHIM App on your device.
- Click on Send or Receive button to make payments.
- Enter the account details other person you want to send or receive money.
- Now tap send option to send money to others or receive to get money into your account.
That’s all guys, I hope now you have learned how to set up bhim app on android and also how to send or receive money online through bhim payment interface. If you still have any doubts regarding this article feel free to contact us and also share it with your friends on social media. Thank you.